Monday, October 29, 2007

Lukes' First Costume Party


Luke attended his first costume party this past weekend. He went dressed as Nemo from the Disney movie, “Finding Nemo.” He looked so cute waddling around in his costume. Our friends, the Ashcrafts, hosted a really fun party. All of the babies in attendance looked so cute!! It was really fun just to watch them play and interact in their costumes. Luke kept his costume on for a while before he finally started to get fussy and we took it off. Shauna and Jeff came dressed as farmers and Lily was a little piglet. She was too cute!
Here is a cute picture of Luke and Lily. Click here to go to the web gallery to see more pictures from the party.


Luke just got in four of his top teeth all at once. We thought he was only getting in two teeth at once. But one day I caught a glimpse inside his mouth and saw that all four were coming in at the same time. So, he was a little more fussy than normal for about a week and didn’t eat well. But now he is back to his old self. Also, in the last week, Luke has learned to bring us books if he wants us to read them. Usually we would just sit in his room and I would read the ones that were his favorites. Now, he brings us books one by one and wants us to read them. He even is pretty good at keeping track of what we have read lately and will throw a few new books into the mix. But he makes sure his favorites (Hello Hook ‘em, Silly Sally, Baby Noah World Animals, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar) are read very often.

I started substituting for Round Rock ISD last week. Grammy (aka Sharon) watched Luke so I could sub for 2nd grade at a school near our house. The plan is for me to sub once a week. My time teaching first grade in inner-city Austin made this day subbing seem like a walk in the park. I am subbing at the same school tomorrow. I am so excited that it is finally fall and we have some cooler weather. Now we can actually spend some time outside.

1 comment:

The James Family said...

Maggie
Loved the pictures! Nemo is the perfect costume for Luke. Jo and I were just talking about what Luke would wear this year. Four teeth all at once!
He doesn't do anything slow, does he :-D
Monday, October 29, 2007 - 09:26 PM

Pat
This is precious! I know Luke would be cute in any costume, but I really like Nemo - and the cell phone in his hand adds a perfect touch! It is so much fun to watch him grow. He's like a beam of sunshine!
Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 07:49 AM

Jen
Too cute, Suz! I am glad to hear the sub-ing is going well!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 01:00 PM

Nana
I haven't had much time lately to check the blog. It looks like you haven't had much time to updadte either. I do think Luke made an adorable Nemo. He is such a blessing.
Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 09:52 PM