Once again, I haven't done that great of a job of updating the blog. Hopefully we still have some readers. :) We are really looking forward to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday and spending time with both sides of our family. We may be on the road a lot, but it will be fun to see everyone. On Thursday, we will be in Granbury at my Aunt Dixie Lee's house with my Dad's side of the family. That evening we will go to Belton and see Mark's family and spend the night and Friday with them. On Saturday we are driving to Brownwood to see my Grandparents.
Luke is talking so much. I don't even know how many words he can say now. He says new words all the time. Yesterday he said "football" and "horsey." For some words, he says his own version of the word, but I still know what he means. He never really took to the whole signing thing, but when he is done eating and wants out of his highchair he says "ah du" (translation: all done). He also LOVES to be outside. He goes to the back door and says "out" over and over. Now that the weather is more pleasant, we have been going outside more. Grammy and Paw Paw brought him a little slide that he is enjoying. Regardless of how long we spend outside, he cries when we bring him inside.
We joined a church near our house called Celebration Church. We have been visiting it since Easter and decided to join. We really like it. However, last Sunday was the first Sunday that Luke didn't make it all the way through the service in the nursery. They flashed our number on the screen about 15 minutes into the sermon and when we left the sanctuary a lady was holding Luke in the lobby and said they just couldn't get him calmed down. So, we had to take him home. Every other time we have gone, Luke has loved the nursery. So, I'm not sure what was going on. Hopefully it was just a one time thing.
I have been subbing once a week. I think I may have said in a previous post that subbing was like a "walk in the park" compared to teaching in inner-city Austin. Well, I think I may have overstated that a bit. It's definitely not a walk in the park and a few days I have come home with a migraine--but I just remind myself that it is only one day out of the week.
Mark and I are pretty bummed about the writers' strike going on in Hollywood. This last week was the last new episode of "The Office" until the strike gets resolved. We will really miss our shows (especially "30 Rock") if they area all reruns soon. It looks like "LOST" is going to still come on, but we may just get half a season.
Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:
Grammy
Love the update! He is all boy for sure, loving to play outside and explore. Looking forward to Thanksgiving when all of you will be here.
We all have so much to be thankful for, especially our very own little LBJ.
Oh, my, how he has enriched our lives!!
Monday, November 19, 2007 - 08:36 AM
Uncle David
Great blog update. I love Luke's new facial expressions. He's really developing into a little boy. It won't be too long before he's wanting to push the lawnmower. I can't wait to see you all again on Thanksgiving.
Monday, November 19, 2007 - 09:14 AM
shauna
wouldn't it have been nice if people studying at UT had asked if they could come play with you because you were so cute? i think so.
amen about the writers strike.
Monday, November 19, 2007 - 11:41 AM
Nana
I loved the new pictures. I am glad ya'll found a church. Hopefully you will meet more young families. This is really a special time in your life. Enjoy every minute together as a family. There is not much on TV even when the writers are working. Maybe I 'll get to watch more HGTV. Will the strike effect those shows? :)
Monday, November 19, 2007 - 08:50 PM
Anonymous
we are HUGE office and 30rock fans as well. i wanted you to know that we feel your pain. tiffany
Monday, November 26, 2007 - 12:56 PM
Post a Comment