Monday, October 8, 2007

So Much for a Fall Festival


On what was quite possibly the hottest day of the year, we attended a “fall” festival with the Olsons and our friends, the Johns, in Marble Falls. It was so hot! All of the babies had red cheeks and we only lasted about an hour in the heat. We got a few cute pictures of Luke, Nathan and Lily. Our attempts to get all three of them in one picture were pretty unsuccessful, as you can see below. Luke got to see horses, goats and chickens.


In other news, Luke is walking about 95 percent of the time now. He took his first real steps about a week before his first birthday. Then over the next few weeks he has started walking more and more. His favorite things to say right now are “apple” and “hat.” He got a UT baseball cap from Jo for his birthday and ever since then he has said “hat” or “at” about 100 times a day. He calls everything either “apple” or “hat” or both. He also says “ight” (light), “anana” (banana), and a few other words. Last night, we were reading him his favorite book right now, Hello Hook ‘Em, and he said his own little version of “hook’em” it sounded like “oo ka.” It was pretty cute, and Mark was pretty excited.

We are glad Grammy and PawPaw are back from England safely. They brought Luke an official British soccer uniform (or “soccer kit” as they call them over there), a cute hoodie that says “England Rugby,” and some Wellingtons (rain boots). Everything is adorable and I can’t wait for Luke to play in the rain one day in his “wellies.”

We have been invited to a costume party for Halloween. It will be a lot of the babies and parents from the playgroup I attend. I can’t wait to show off Luke’s costume that he got from Nana and Papaw. I also can’t wait to see little Lily in her costume too. They will most likely be the cutest things anyone has ever seen. :)

1 comment:

The James Family said...

Nana
I really enjoyed the pumpkin patch photos. I can just imagine what it was like trying to get the photo of the kiddoes. It was hot. I am ready for a cooler Fall and I can't wait to see pictures of Luke playing in the rain in his new boots. Hopefully it will rain soon. Also take lots of pictures at the costume party.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007 - 09:27 PM

shauna
we got quite a few cute ones of luke too. we need to find a good way to share our photos. i'm real excited to see luke in costume... you know how i love a costume.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 07:41 AM

Grammy
Love the pictures at the fall festival!! Luke has changed so much the last three weeks and we could hardly believe it when we saw him walk and talk non-stop!! Can't wait to see his costume...
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 07:48 AM