Mark and I held our first ever garage sale on Saturday. Our neighborhood was having a community-wide sale, so we decided to participate. The rest of the family contributed some things too and we all managed to make a little money. It wasn't great, and we ended up hauling a lot of stuff to Goodwill, but we ended the day with more money than when we started! We decided to sell our guest bed since we rarely have overnight guests. We bought a sofa bed at IKEA to put in the room and turned the room into a playroom for Luke (it's also where we keep the treadmill). I love it! I love having a room for him to play in. We also bought a little table and chairs set at IKEA so he has a place to color now. We just need some Vanilla Bean art to complete the room.
Last week, I spent the day in Temple with Grammy and PawPaw. We went to the train station and played at a cute little park right by the station. Jim LOVES trains and it seems like Luke shares his PawPaw's affinity for trains too. Here is a picture of the two of them looking at an AmTrak train about to leave the station: ![]()
And I'll close with a cute one I caught of Luke playing at the park:
8 comments:
I can see PawPaw and Luke taking a day trip on the Amtrack in the near future. How they both love trains! I love the picture of Luke peaking out of the window at the train park. That was a fun day.-Grammy
The playroom is soooo cute!! I think Luke will really enjoy having a place to take his little buddies when they come to playgroup and Lily when she comes to visit. -Grammy
i am so glad you have a play room for him...that is awesome!! it looks great! and i am glad you guys still went to temple and had fun!
that picture of luke in the blue thing could be in an ad... for something. love the new playroom. my brain is overflowing with art possibilities. we'll see what comes of it.
Love the playroom!! I really want a playroom. Hopefully Nate and Andrew will get along and will want to room together when they are a little older and we can turn one of their rooms into a big playroom for them. That is a great idea to put a pull-out couch in there so you don't completely lose a room for guests to sleep. Can't wait to come play in the new room!
The playroom is adorable. Great idea. And the pics of Luke & Jim are dang cute. I can't wait to have a little boy!! :) - Cristi
I think the playroom looks great. I love the little table and chairs. I can picture Luke coloring and reading his little books. Hopefully he won't color on the walls. Maybe he could get a chalkboard when he gets a little older. Love the pictures. Nana
I love the new room pics. Nice job decorating the place. I can definitely see Paw-Paw and Luke taking an Amtrack trip in the coming years. As long as they don't go to Laredo, I'm all for it.
Post a Comment