I had a great Mother's Day. We went to a wonderful brunch with Jim, Sharon, David and Karin at Moonshine. Then we spent the afternoon with Jim and Sharon at our house and this evening I went to Barnes and Noble and drank a caramel frappucino and read magazines--one of my favorite things to do. So, I decided to write this post about a few of my other favorite things.
1. My new Skip Hop Duo Deluxe diaper bag. It was an early Mother's Day present from Mark and Luke. I have been on a quest to find the perfect diaper bag (for me) since I had Luke. The ones I've bought
(and there have been several) just haven't worked for me. I love this bag! It is just so functional and I really love how easily it clips onto the stroller. The only negative is that it isn't very feminine looking; it's pretty unisex. But in my book functionality always wins out over fashion (which is why I wear tennis shoes or flip flops about 99% of the time). My sister would probably disagree though; she tends to choose fashion first....
2. www.thepioneerwoman.com I love this website. It is run by a lady that lives on a huge ranch in either Texas or Oklahoma. I don't think she says where it is exactly. She posts wonderful recipes that are "real Texas food" as I like to call it. Food that I would eat and not weird stuff. This sandwich was excellent and I really want to make these and possibly this for the 4th of July celebration at Jim and Sharon's house. She also posts some good photography/Photoshop tips and I am trying to get better at both of those things, which leads me to my third favorite thing.
3. Our Nikon D40. I have been able to capture so many of Luke's cute expressions with this camera and the pictures are just so much
sharper with a digital SLR camera than with a regular digital camera. In fact, if I could redo things...I would have bought this camera before we had Luke and I would have been able to catch so many more things from day one of his life. I would choose that camera over a lot of the things I thought I had to have before he was born. (This is a photo of Luke on Friday night in the backyard.)
4. LOST. I
t is soooooo good! I can't hardly stand waiting each week to see what is going to happen. I know a lot of people feel like it is too late to get into it, but you can always check out the dvds and be ready to watch it next season. Mark just said the other day, "I don't know what I am going to do when this show goes off the air." There are only 2 more seasons left. We are seriously addicted.
5. Our treadmill. I love having a treadmill and am so thankful we were able to buy one with Christmas money two years ago. I know I
may not look like I regularly exercise, but I do and I know I wouldn't if we didn't have a treadmill. My Dad says they are just an expensive place to put clothes but I am determined to prove him wrong. I probably wouldn't ever use it if I didn't have a television in front of it but thankfully I do and it makes my walks pass by quickly.
Well, those are the ones I could think of right now. I'm sure I have a lot of other favorite things too, but these were on my mind.
4 comments:
I know I have an elliptical that I used maybe 5 times before I got pregnant again, and now it just collects dust. I am determined to use it once we move to Texas. Somehow. Somehow I will find time in between taking care of the two boys, ha ha! And I'm the same way - I have to have a TV in front of it. Otherwise time just drags!
i so enjoyed reading your post...glad you had a great mother's day!!
ummmm... who bought and wore a special mickey mouse fanny pack at disney world so she could carry around HER SISTER'S makeup? fashion over function, eh?
Loved reading about your favorite things. I do hope you prove Dad wrong about the treadmill. I think I would like one if I could watch tv and if it was a good one like yours. Keep up the good work. I just can't seem to get with the "Lost" program. Love you, Nana
Post a Comment