Spring in Texas means bluebonnets. You can always see people on the side of the road taking pictures of their kids in the bluebonnets. Fortunately, there is a beautiful field of bluebonnets about 2 minutes from our house. So we drove Luke over to attempt to get a few shots of him. Of course he wouldn't sit in the bluebonnets. He was constantly moving, so all of the pictures are of him walking through the bluebonnets. A few turned out really cute though. At least we weren't like another family there--they had a suitcase with several changes of wardrobe for the little girl including a cowboy hat and cowboy boots. Here are my favorite pictures from today:
We had a fun week. On Thursday we went to playgroup at the Ashcrafts' house. Owen has a new playhouse in the backyard and the boys enjoyed playing in that a lot. Tiffany was gracious enough to fix lunch for the kids, and all 4 boys (Owen, Judah, Nathan and Luke) sat at the little picnic table (for a few seconds anyway) and ate their chicken nuggets and grapes and drank their juice boxes. It was the cutest thing ever! I didn't have my camera but here is one of the pictures Tiffany sent me:
Today we went to a birthday party for one of Luke's friends from the playgroup (Noah) at Central Park in Austin. Luke had lots of fun on the playground and eating ice cream and cupcakes. Once again--no camera. But we did manage to take some pictures today in the backyard. Here is a picture of me and Luke that I actually like--which is a rare occurrence!!
8 comments:
Great blog and pictures. I love the new heading. That is a great picture of you and Luke. Luke's personality really comes through in the photos. You are getting pretty good with your new camera. I can picture in my mind the 4 boys sitting there eating their lunch. Motherhood is wonderful. I am so glad you get to stay home with Luke and enjoy those kind of moments. Nana
the new banner is cute. those are GREAT bluebonnet pictures. i need to find some for Lily's rite of passage.
too cute...i love the bluebonnet picture where he is looking down...what a sweetie!
and the little picnic is adorable too...how fast they grow!
That's a great photo of you and Luke.
Taking photos in bluebonnets is one of those uniquely Texas things that I love watching. It's even better when a little cute man like Luke is standing in them! I'm glad there was enough winter rain to bring out a few flowers.
Our boys are soooo cute! I thank God that they have the oppertunity to grow up together and have so much fun. We need to do a Dads' event to see how the boys interact with one another. For this to happen, the Moms' will have to plan it!
Jake
I can't tell you how beautiful those bluebonnet pictures are - In my mind,
I see a collage on my wall of this outdoor adventure!!
Grammy
Oh my gosh, I think Luke is almost as cute as Nate! ;-) Seriously, how adorable is he!
Luke is so cute in the bluebonnets! I love the close up pic of him. I really like your new layout too!
Post a Comment