
August 2, 2007 will go down in history as the third happiest day in Mark’s life. He bought an iPhone. I have mentioned before that he is slightly obsessed with all things Mac. When it was first announced in January that Apple would be releasing a phone this summer, Mark checked several DAILY websites for updates on the iPhone, listened to multiple podcasts about the iPhone and even went so far as to print out a paper model of the iPhone. After playing with his new iPhone for several hours on Thursday night, he finally came to bed and said, “I love it even more than I thought I would.” I am really happy for him. It is pretty cool.
Two weekends ago we attended my ten-year high school reunion for Kingwood High School. I figured it would be weird and awkward—and I was right!! Perhaps it was a self-fulfilling prophecy—but I did not enjoy my time there. All my old high school insecurities returned in full force. But I’m not sorry we went, because I think I would have always wondered about it if I hadn’t gone. The best part was that I got to spend quality time with my best friends from high school before the reunion and I rarely get to see them.
So it was worth it just to see them. Plus, I did see some people I hadn’t seen since high school, so that was fun. But you can only catch up so much at a reunion. I was so thankful I had Mark there to talk to and pretend like we were really engrossed in conversation so I didn’t feel like I should be mingling. It really reiterated my desire to find someplace (neighborhood, suburb) to live permanently, so Luke and our future child can really feel like they are from someplace. My friends have lived in Kingwood since early elementary school (at least) and they saw friends and people they have known since they were little. I moved there in ninth grade, so I really don’t have the history they have. I always say, when asked, that I am from Kingwood, but I really don’t feel like I am from anyplace. So, I want to put down roots somewhere so our kids can know they are from someplace and go to elementary school and high school with the same kids.

Luke is almost 11 months old. I can’t believe it! He is standing on his own quite a bit. He pretends like he needs something to hold on to, but really he can stand on his own just fine. He also stands on his tiptoes and can reach pretty high. I learned that the hard way when he managed to reach the cord for our iPod radio player that is on our kitchen counter. It fell on his forehead and made a bruise.
I still can’t believe he pulled it down. He went to swim lessons all last week and caught a cold somehow. So we didn’t get to go to the second week of lessons. He seemed to enjoy the lessons. He has learned to “jump” off the side of the pool when I count to three. He is so much fun. I just love his little personality.

1 comment:
Nana
I am so exicited Mark got an iphone. I knew when I first saw them advertised that one had his name on it. It really is an extremely cool phone.
I never really thought about you girls not really feeling like you were from one certain place. We always thought it was neat that you got to experience all sorts of different communties. We thought it would make you feel well rounded. Now I kind of wish we would of just come straight to the hill country after we left Snyder. Although we met alot of really neat people along the way to here. But I can say that Dad and I definitely feel like we are home now. I pray that you and Mark and the kiddoes find that place that feels like home. Now about Luke. He is just adorable. I love seeing those 2 little front teeth. He is very curious about things, which is good, but hopefully he won't get too many bumps. You too were very curious and you were a climber. He is a happy boy.
Wednesday, August 8, 2007 - 09:01 PM
Laura
Andy's not even a MAC guy and he wants one of those iphones. Very cool. Luke is adorable and your little niece is precious too!! And I'm with you about staying in one place. Andy moved his whole life, but I love having a place that IS HOME. Hopefully we'll be able to keep that for Kate and Jack too.
Thursday, August 9, 2007 - 09:24 AM
shauna
i agree about the not knowing where you are from... luckily from all the moving you realized that you only truly needed me... and we became lifelong best friends. Luke is real cute with a goose egg. I enjoy hearing about his little mishaps.
Thursday, August 9, 2007 - 12:47 PM
David
Even with the boo-boo, Luke's the cutest baby boy around. I just looked at his 5-month photos. He's changed so much! I'm surprised Mark waited until he got home to open the iPhone. I thought he'd be one of those guys who sits down in the middle of the mall and rips into it. Have fun playing with it.
Thursday, August 9, 2007 - 09:44 PM
Grammy
No matter where you settle down, Luke will thrive!! He has already developed undoubtly the sweetest and friendliest personality I have ever seen in a little one that age - but Grammy and PawPaw are not one bit prejudiced.
Congrats on the iPhone! You deserve to have one as much as you love Apple. I am just waiting to see if David succumbs to the hi-tech fever- I don't know how long he will be able to stand it.
I love the pictures you posted. I do read the blog several times a week but sometimes I am guilty (as charged) of not commenting immediately. I will do better because I love, love, love to read it.
Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 05:36 PM
Amber
you didn't tell me that he went to swim lessons... how cute is that! It was great to see all of you today.
Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 09:27 PM
KKC
I broke down and got one too. But I was able to take advantage of the $200 discount. :) SWEET. They are worth the hype. Totally love mine. Except now I am one of those "cool people" who carry two phones as KPMG has decided NOT to support our e-mail on the iPhone.
Friday, September 7, 2007 - 10:39 PM
Post a Comment