

All of Mark’s hard work finally paid off and we were awarded the Chandler Creek Yard of the Month award. In addition to the sign in our yard, we get a $25 giftcard to Home Depot. I am very proud of Mark. I feel very comfortable bragging about this because I had absolutely nothing to do with it. I have never done any yard work because a) I hate yard work and b) Mark is happier doing it himself. He truly has a talent for landscaping and just recently our good friends were telling him he should start a side business of landscaping. I am glad he is getting some recognition for his hard work in our yard. He really takes pride in the yard and it shows! (The picture above doesn’t do the yard justice, but I wanted to go ahead and post this before Mark could talk me out of it!)
Lily is just over one week old and is getting more adorable every day. She seems to be a really good baby and rarely cries (at least when I have been around). Shauna and Jeff seem to be adjusting to parenthood wonderfully. Don’t forget to check www.jeffandshauna.com and Shauna’s blog to see pictures and video of Lily.

Luke will be 10 months old on Monday! I can’t believe it. He is pulling up on anything and is into everything. He has been doing the traditional crawl a lot more lately, but scooting on his belly seems to be his preferred mode of transportation when he wants to get somewhere fast. He has another tooth now, which makes 2 teeth total. He has been trying all kinds of new foods. He really loved the refried beans and rice from Chuy’s the other day. We are having so much fun with him. He says, “uh-oh” and “up.” He also waves all the time. Click here to see some pictures from our summer so far, including Luke’s first Woodson family reunion and his first ever Belton Fourth of July celebration.

1 comment:
shauna
YAY!!!! Congrats Mark. That award is much deserved and way overdue! Luke is too, too cute. I hope Lily is that happy- go- lucky of a baby!
Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 08:27 PM
Nana
I knew it was just a matter of time before Mark won the award when I saw that sign up in another yard earlier in the summer. Mark does have a gift and all his hard work makes for a super gardener. Also, being an amazing gardener in his blood. Absolutely wonderful pictures of Luke. He is just so cute and his happy little face makes me happy. He is truly a gift from God.
Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 08:57 PM
Aunt Pat
Congratulations Mark on winning the Chandler Creek Yard of the Month! And thank you Suzanne for getting the pictures on the blog! The yard is beautiful. Luke is continuing to amaze me as he grows and his personality develops. I can't wait to see him again!!! Sending lots of love to you all.
Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 02:05 PM
David
Congratulations on the yard award. Very well-deserved. They should add a little sign from the bottom that says, "and Baby of the Month, too."
You should create some concrete tubes for the sign's posts; I have a feeling you'll be seeing it again soon.
Thanks for posting, Suz.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 07:48 PM
Amber
Way to go on the yard. I was actually just telling someone about how nice your yard is and how Mark is the only one to do it. Yippie. Now you need to get Christmas decoration awards.
Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 03:38 PM
diane
Hey Suzanne, I had a hard time deciding about the reunion, I would have loved to have seen you and amber and sarah. Mandy said she saw you there. I am currently at the apple store waiting on an appointment for our imac. so glad they have computers here to play on while you wait. have a good weekend
Saturday, August 4, 2007 - 11:26 AM
Post a Comment