Thursday, July 5, 2007

Born on the Fourth of July

Our precious niece, Lily Ruth Olson, was born yesterday, July 4, 2007. She is adorable. She weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces and was 21 inches long. Shauna allowed me to be in the room throughout the whole delivery, and it was absolutely amazing seeing my niece being born. Somehow Shauna lucked out and only had to push about 15 minutes (compared to my hour plus of pushing). We are so happy Lily is here and perfect and healthy.

Luke is doing all kinds of new things these days but I will post about those later. I wanted Lily to have a post all to herself. I know Jeff and Shauna will post pictures and video on their website once they are home and settled. Click here to visit their site.

Here are pictures of me and Mark with our new niece:



Here are the proud grandparents of two adorable grandchildren. They went from zero grandchildren to two in less than 10 months. It’s been quite a year!

1 comment:

The James Family said...

Laura
she's precious! thanks for posting pics suzanne...i've been waiting! lol. congrats on being an aunt. i'm sure those days are long off for me. i can't wait to hear more about Luke too. he's looking so grown up, and i'm sure he seems huge compared to Lily.
Thursday, July 5, 2007 - 10:33 PM

Grammy
Congratulations on becoming aunt and uncle! It looks like we have another beautiful baby to love and I know the grandparents could not be prouder!
Your faces show it all!! God is good and has certainly poured out his abundant blessings!
Watch out world!! Here come Luke and Lily!!!!
Friday, July 6, 2007 - 07:45 AM

David
I'm so happy for both sisters! What a difference a year makes. You all are going to have so much fun raising Luke and Lily. What a great Fourth!
Friday, July 6, 2007 - 08:05 AM

Nana
YOU are so right. It has been quite a year. Papaw and I are estatic about our new role this year. We feel so blessed to have 2 wonderful daughters, 2 amazing son-in- laws, and 2 (so far) beautiful grandchildren. I told Papaw I want to speed up the arrival of a new vehicle so I can take my grandkids to do exciting stuff, like trips to Wal-Mart.
Friday, July 6, 2007 - 08:37 AM

Liz
Wow 15 minutes?!?!? I had to push 3 HOURS.
Friday, July 6, 2007 - 08:29 PM