Friday, December 30, 2005

Around the house

Mark here...Friday, December 30, 2005, must be the official "Create a Blog Day." David, Shauna and Kristi Kay all started new blogs today. I didn't get the memo. This is my first post on the blog that Suz created for us over Christmas. I had planned to post a few entries while in Kingsland and Belton, but...

I've been enjoying my time off from work. I've done a few home improvement projects, including hanging a shelf/cabinet in our bathroom (thanks to help from Jeff), painting a small wall in the bathroom, hanging a new light over our kitchen sink and a few other odd jobs. I knew watching all those episodes of "Ask This Old House" would come in handy.

I mowed the yard today in 83 degree weather and shorts. At one point, I thought to myself: Maybe I should be wearing sunscreen. It was THAT hot and sunny. I stopped by Lowe's this morning and bought a gasoline-powered weed eater before tackling the yard. I love it!

Trying to catch a few afternoon bowl games, but nothing is capturing my attention. Sadly, I haven't even watched a full bowl game live this year. I watched the entire Holiday Bowl last night/this morning in about about 45 minutes. (I LOVE DVR!) I'm pacing myself for the big games next week.

Five days until the Rose Bowl. I've living vicariously through David and TexasSports.com (which has posted some new photos from L.A.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I started my blog ages ago! I was just too busy to update it at all. DVR does rock. I have already programmed mine to record the Rose.