Lonesome Dove is the best western ever and the best TV miniseries ever and one of the greatest movies ever. I love it so much. I have loved it since I was a small child. It's my Dad's favorite book and movie and he watches it several times a year. So, finally Mark is watching it while we are at my parents' house for Christmas. I think he really likes it, although he is not laughing at all of the jokes I think he should be laughing at. But I guess that's okay. As long as he appreciates how good the story is and how wonderful the characters are. Robert Duvall as Augustus McCrae and Tommy Lee Jones as Woodrow F. Call are two of the best characters ever created.
I love that movie a lot.
1 comment:
Suzanne loves this movie so much that in childhood she even wrote a birthday card to our dad that used the Lonesome dove quote, "You're one of a kind Augustus (dad)." Even then, she "just wanted to bond with him over a movie." She's the one of a kind one.
Post a Comment