Sunday, August 5, 2012

Finished Kitchen

 beforeandafter.jpg

The kitchen is finished! Hooray! It was rough being out of our routine for about three weeks. But we survived and are so happy with how it looks. I LOVE having a sink that is not abnormally shallow! It is so awesome. I despised our old sink. We may paint or restain our kitchen table at some point but we are going to enjoy being project-free for a little while.  I am clearly not a home photographer because a lot of the colors are a little off but it’s the best I can do. The floors look much more red in the photos than they are in real life. Here’s what we did:

  • Replaced tile in entry and kitchen with Mannington Adura Luxe Vinyl Planks
  • Replaced carpet in office and dining room with the Mannington Adura
  • Put in granite countertops (Giallo Ornamental) and extended the raised bar to make it more useable
  • Replaced backsplash with white subway tile
  • Had cabinets painted white (Sherwin Williams Alabaster)
  • Replaced fluorescent light box in kitchen with 5 recessed can lights

Here are pictures from the MLS listing. We painted over that hideous red as soon as we closed on the house. I knew I couldn’t live with that, even for a short time.

mlskitchen1 mlskitchen3

We lived with it like this for a little over a year while we figured out what we wanted to do.

DSC_0347-1

And this is what it looks like today! I love it!

DSC_0296

DSC_0293

 

DSC_0309

DSC_0316

I love my new sink!

6 comments:

Amber said...

So beautiful!

Jim and Sharon said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

So glad you are finished and can now enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Congratulations!!

Mrs. Colleen Ford said...

I LOVE your new floors! It looks fantastic!

Shauna Lynn said...

It looks so good! I'm hoping for an identical one when we move.

Tom said...

Your new kitchen really looks amazing. I think it looks very classic and timeless. I am so glad you were able to do this. Sure makes me want to do my kitchen.
Love,
Nana

aimee said...

It turned out beautiful!