Monday, January 24, 2011

Luke Lately

A few things Luke has been saying lately that I want to remember:

"Well that's not there." He says this a lot. He means "that's not fair" but even when I tell him he still says it the other way.

"I give up." Said with great emotion today when we forced him to come to the table to eat and stop playing.

Tonight he was asking me when he was going to be a grown-up. I told him when he was 18 he would be a grown-up. I told him then he would go to college. He got really excited and said, "I always wanted to go to college. Then we can go by Sunnyside Daycare. But where is Sunnyside Daycare?" (Sunnyside Daycare is in the movie Toy Story 3.)

Also, he has been obsessed with drawing and coloring for several weeks now. Mark, Me, Ammy, Nana and Shauna have all drawn our fair share of characters from movies and books that Luke likes. Everyday he comes up with something new for us to draw, color and cut out. He carries different "cut-outs" around all day. I took this picture of him sleeping with some of his cut-outs. He especially loves the movie, The Prince of Egypt, right now and we have about fifty Moses' and Rameses' in his basket of cut-outs.


And here is a video of him coloring and talking about The Prince of Egypt:







7 comments:

Stephanie said...

He is growing up! I love all his little quotes!

David James said...

He's the best. Plague of frogs...Remind Uncle David to show him Magnolia when he's 18. Err...make that 25. We'll watch it after he picks me up from Sunnyside Daycare.

Keep posting these videos. They make my day.

Jim and Sharon said...

He is the best!!
He will be the student who asks the teacher questions she does NOT know and will want him/her to get back with him about the answer - LOL

Hang on to our seats - this boy is going to keep us on our toes!

Ammy and PawPaw love him so much.

Shauna Lynn said...

i love that little wiener-head... and all of his cut outs.

p.s. david is on a role with the funny comments. i just lol -ed twice due to him in the last 10 minutes.

Seth , Angie, Noah said...

Noah walked around with the cutout Luke gave him until somehow Gracie got ahold of it and shredded it! We watched some of Price of Egypt in the hospital but it scared Noah.

And I'm pretty sure if you're funding college for him after 18 he'll only partially be a grown-up ;) Haha.

Amber said...

Luke - I love that you have to make drawings and not use coloring books. I'd be in trouble because I cannot draw.

beatriz celine said...

adorable