I want to do a full post of Christmas but for now here are 2 of my favorite pictures from all the fun we had.
We are busy spending this week (while Mark is off) getting our house ready to put on the market. We rented a storage unit and are storing some furniture and some of our non-essential stuff so the house can look as open, airy and organized as possible. I sure hope this staging pays off because it has been so much work. We tackled it room by room and it took all week. Mark is in heaven though because he hates clutter to begin with and wishes we could live like minimalists all the time. We have to get some tile in our kitchen replaced and replace the carpet in Ethan’s room (due to a paint spill that the crib covers right now) and then we should be ready to list the house!
I have been looking at houses since Luke was born and have been ready to move since then but now the time is finally right. We need more room. We want trees in the backyard (although after looking I’m not sure that is going to happen since we tend to like newer houses). And we want the boys to go to really good schools. Right now the high school our neighborhood is zoned for isn’t good so I want to move where the good ones are. I know high school is a long way away but my hope is that we move somewhere and settle and don’t move again until both boys are all through school. I had move in the 6th grade and 9th grade and I just really want my kids to stay in one place.
We know the market isn’t great for selling but we don’t want to miss out on all the great buys that are out there right now. We can afford a much better house than we could four years ago when I first started looking because of the way the market is right now. So pray that our house sells quickly please!! :)
Anyway, that is what we have been up to lately. Luke and Ethan have been troopers while we have been so busy. They stayed at Ammy and Paw Paw’s one day and we got a lot done. I will hopefully we able to post about Christmas, 2010 in review and Ethan’s 7 and 8 month updates before we have to pack up the computer and store it away. Apparently having a desk and computer in your master bedroom isn’t all that desirable, so it’s all going in storage. Can’t wait to have a real study in the next house! We still have our laptop though so I can blog from there—it just won’t have all our pictures on it.
Happy New Year!
4 comments:
cute! i cant believe how big ethan has gotten. ps our neighbor has their house up on the market...we could be neighbors!!!! that would be awesome!
Love the pics! And William is the same about clutter so I'm sure he'd love to have our house staged. ha! I'll be praying that ya'll sell quickly. I bet you'll be surprised that it does sell quickly. You have a beautiful house! There are still plenty of homes down in Hays county that would be amazing for ya'll. :)
I'm excited about your house-hunting. You all have made a TON of progress in a short amount of time. Keep us posted on the progress -- even if it's just a short post. I love reading about the journey. It really is a journey.
I have a feeling the next time I visit, you'll have to send directions to the new home!
And, yes. De-cluttering runs in our blood ;-)
Love the post!!
You all have worked so hard and it will definitely payoff.
I envy you having everything cleaned out and de-cluttered. It will be so nice to have that already done when you do move to the new house.
Happy New Year!!! Let the house selling and searching begin!!
Post a Comment