Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Three Months

DSC_0372

Ethan was three months old on Monday. I can’t believe how fast he is growing. I really wish I had done these monthly posts for Luke so I could compare the two boys. Usually the second kid is the one that doesn’t get as many pictures and the mom doesn’t keep as good of records—but I think for our family it is going to be the opposite.DSC_0315

I am so happy to report that he is sleeping through the night. He usually sleeps from 8:30 until sometime after 7:00 in the morning. He started doing this right around July 4th. We realized that he was waking up during the night because he was coming out of his swaddle, not because he was hungry. He is SO STRONG! So, we started double swaddling him in the Miracle Blanket and then one of the Aden and Anais blankets on top of that. Plus, we moved his white noise machine into his crib. The combination of those two things seemed to do the trick and he sleeps all the way through the night. I’m paranoid about him getting overheated since that can increase the risks of SIDS, so we turned the a/c down a few degrees and put his ceiling fan on high and also have another fan in his room. I was really happy to read recently that swaddling decreases the risk of SIDS by one third!

DSC_0359He is still not a great napper. But I guess I will take good night sleep over naps. He goes down pretty easily for naps but he just doesn’t stay asleep long.

He is just a happy little guy and he loves talking to us and smiling at us. We got him a new bouncer off of craigslist. He never liked the papasan chair we had. He loves the bouncer and I finally have another way to entertain him other than his floor mat. He absolutely LOVES watching Luke play and gets so excited when Luke talks to him. DSC_0292-1

He screams about 85 percent of the time we are in the car. I’m not sure why he doesn’t like to be in the car. He wakes up any time we stop and usually can’t go back to sleep. Needless to say, it makes for some fun times in the car. Luke is pretty good about ignoring it, although sometimes he tells Ethan to be quiet. :) I guess every kid really is different because Luke loved being in the car and that was one foolproof way to get him to take a long nap.DSC_0343

He can lift his head up really well when he is on his tummy and can roll over from his tummy to his back.DSC_0331-1

That’s all I can think of for his three month update. We love him so much! Here is the comparison photo I made for 1/2/3 months. He sure changed a lot from 1 to 2 months but not too much from 2 to 3 months.

3monthcompare copy

5 comments:

Mrs. Colleen Ford said...

SO cute! I am glad things are going so well!

Cora said...

I love that first picture of Ethan smiling! I am glad that he sleeps through the night. Birch still doesn't sleep through the night. She also took short naps when she was little--half hour, usually. Wish we could see you guys more often!

Jim and Sharon said...

I love this update. The pictures of Ethan are absolutely beautiful. And the comparison photos are priceless. What a good baby he is.....I think he cries in the carseat because he is too hot in that "nest"...point more A/C on him just like you have to do for Ammy. LOL
Love you all bunches!
Ammy

Pat said...

What sweet pictures! Ethan is adorable!! He is growing so fast. I really enjoyed bonding with him on July 4 when I held him while he napped. I also sang to him and he seemed to like it. Since I can't carry a tune, I hope it doesn't affect his musical ear! LOL Love, Aunt Pat

Tom said...

Ethan is such a handsome little boy! He is such a blessing to us all.I love his sweet little voice. Looking forward to watching him grow up. Love, Nana