Sunday, August 16, 2009


Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I just haven’t had much to post about. We were super busy in July, but August seems to be slower and honestly I’m getting bored and I think Luke is too. I am ready for school to start for him. We have had fun days here and there playing with friends and hanging out with grandparents. Plus, it is just SOOOO hot outside, and we are running out of things to do inside.

So anyway, since I can’t think of much to post about; I decided to copy Shauna and post using this idea from The Simple Woman’s Daybook:

Outside my window...the sun has set and it is finally mildly pleasant outside. We just got in from playing outside.
I am thinking...I really need to order Luke’s backpack, lunchbox and nap mat for preschool.
I am thankful…that I am a stay at home mom and I’m not getting a classroom ready right now in between long days of staff development learning about “rhetoric” and “differentiation” and other stuff like that.
I am wearing...brown and pink pajama pants and a pink t-shirt. I put on my comfy clothes after church to take a nap and never changed out of them.
I am creating...a blog entry.
I am going...to bed pretty soon after we put Luke to bed.
I am reading...Love Life for Every Married Couple. I am doing a book study with the other ladies in my Sunday School class. It is a good book and talks about staying in love with your spouse.
I am hoping...we will have a baby in 2010.
I am hearing…a Thomas video on the television and Luke playing at his Thomas table.
Two of my favorite things...this verse and this song. I love “mainstream” artists (like U2 and Mat Kearney) that sing about Jesus.
A few plans for the rest of the week: see the Olsons! Lukie B has been missing Lily Bug.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...a few pictures from playing in the backyard this evening.

DSC_0033 DSC_0036

DSC_0039 DSC_0061

I know this is riveting stuff people. But a mundane update is better than no update, right??

6 comments:

Jim and Sharon said...

Not mundane at all! I am thrilled to see the new pics of Lukie B in the backyard. Those moments are the best!!
Love, Ammy

Stephanie said...

I love any update you have!

Shauna Lynn said...

seeing you guys is #1 on our to-do lists as well. you might have to come here as lily and i both start twitching when we get near the car.

Tom said...

I love the new pictures of Lukie B. I think he is going to be a great golfer. I guess you need to go read Simple Moms blog, hers said something about 20 things to do indoors. It really has been so hot but you do have beautiful backyard thanks to Mark's gift and his hardwork. I am so thankful you are able to stay home with Luke but I think the Mother's Day Out program is really good for kids. Love, Nana

Cristi said...

I love your updates girl! And I feel your pain of being bored. And when is this heat wave ever going to end right? Argh! Miss ya'll!

Anonymous said...

loved the update, suz!!!!!!!!!! it reveals more than you know!! =)

and those are great pics of luke!!