Sunday, December 30, 2007

We're Back

Well, we decided to return to the site of our first blog that we started way back in 2005. The Mac program we were using for our previous blog was just not user friendly enough (for me) and we got a new computer for Christmas that---gasp---isn't a Mac! So, it just made sense to return to Blogger. Hopefully people will visit us over here. The old site will be up a few more months with the link for this blog.

We had a wonderful Christmas with all of our family. We celebrated Christmas with my side (Suz) two weekends before Christmas because the Olsons were headed to Minnesota the Saturday before Christmas. It was a lot of fun. Mark got Guitar Hero and we entertained ourselves with that. Luke and Lily got several fun new toys.

We spent Christmas morning at home so Luke could see what Santa brought him. He got a basketball hoop and a few other things. Later that morning we drove to Temple to spend a few days with Mark's family. It was a lot of fun. Luke and Molly played a lot together.

Mark also got Rock Band for Christmas, which is a blast to play on Playstation 2. There can be 2 guitarists, a drummer, and a singer all playing at the same time. Here is a picture of Mark, David and Jake playing Rock Band yesterday at David's house.



I bought a new Digital SLR camera with some of the generous Christmas money we received. After much debate, we went with the Nikon D40. It is pretty intimidating because there are so many buttons but I hope to learn how to use it to its full potential. I was just so tired of the shutter lag with our other digital camera and missing all the cute shots of Luke. I plan to post a lot more pictures as soon as possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The New Old Blog looks good. I can't wait to see pictures from your new camera. The guys look like the real thing. Even Luke looks like he would like to be one of the band. Keep the news and pictures coming. Nana

Kim John said...

It's so great to see your updated blog! The pictures look great and I had a blast "rocking" out with the fellas!

Anonymous said...

I love the new slideshow! You will have a lot of fun with the new camera and new computer and we ALL will benefit especially if you keep all of those cute shots of Luke coming our way.
We had so much fun with everyone here at Christmas. Our family is so blessed.
HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2008!!!!!!
Love you all bunches.