Today we decided to take advantage of the hot weather and put Luke in his pool for the first time. The summer-like weather this weekend prompted me to buy Luke a pool, sunglasses, sunscreen, and Little Swimmers diapers. It was only 84 degrees after we blew up the pool, but I just could not wait to play with Luke in the water. The water was freezing! (Even after two bucketfuls of hot water from inside the house.) Luke had a great time but I think he got too cold and was really tired, so we didn’t get to play too long. But I know we will have lots of fun in the pool in the weeks to come! April has been a busy month. May and June are going to be even busier. On April 17, Mark and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. The three of us went to Luby’s that night to celebrate. (Funny because we’ll probably celebrating the same way on our 53rd anniversary.) On Friday, Jim and Sharon (Paw Paw and Grammy) watched Luke so Mark and I could go eat at The County Line and run a few errands.
Luke is 7 months old now. He is not crawling yet, but I think he will be soon. He can scoot around on his tummy and turn 360 degrees.
He puts his arms and legs out like he is flying when he really wants to move to get something. Luke has also discovered “playing” the piano. He absolutely loves when we sit him down in front of the piano. He just bangs away. We can’t wait to get him in front of his Paw Paw’s new Steinway.





1 comment:
Uncle David
Luke is too cool for school. I love his little hat. I have a feeling Luke will be playing piano concertos before the age of 6. He's a smart one.
Monday, April 30, 2007 - 07:57 AM
Laura
he is too cute! can't wait to see you guys on saturday. i LOVE the pool pics...Kate got a pool for her birthday, and we're definitely going to be busting it out soon. glad you posted all the pics - they're great!
Monday, April 30, 2007 - 09:03 AM
Grammy
I love ALL of the pictures you posted - I could look at them for hours - the cool pool pictures are undoubtedly the winners!! Thank you for sharing all of these--and yes, Luke can play PawPaw's Steinway anytime he wants to - Grammy will see to that!!!!!
Monday, April 30, 2007 - 12:23 PM
Nana
Luke is just so adorable. He does seem pretty natural in front of the piano. I hope one of the grandkids gets my moms talent of being able to play by ear. I am so glad to see you finally got that backyard pool you have always wanted. I know he'll be a little waterbug just like you and Shauna.
Monday, April 30, 2007 - 08:36 PM
shauna
Luby's... livin' large these days! I laughed at that remark. these photos solidify Luke's being a weiner-head. I've found some new favorites.
Wednesday, May 2, 2007 - 08:43 PM
Aunt Mary
Luke is adorable. I can't wait for the reunion so I can get my hands on him! I saw Lily's pictures too. That is really awesome.
Love you all.
Wednesday, May 2, 2007 - 10:18 PM
rebekah
oh my goodness--he is too cute for WORDS!!
and i love his cute pool!! we bought one for E, too, but just the plain blue kind. :)
Friday, May 25, 2007 - 01:56 PM
Post a Comment