We are finally updating our blog! After a month and a half of no updates, it’s finally here! My main excuse for not updating the blog more frequently is because I don’t understand how this iWeb (it’s a Mac thing) works. Mark, who is obsessed with all things Apple, made us switch to this Apple-based blog rather than use Blogger, so it’s not as easy for me to update the blog. But Mark swears it’s easier and so much better than blogger. I guess I’ll just do my best and learn how it works.
Luke will be 4 months old in a week. He is so much fun and really is a good baby. Right now we are working on sleep training. I have read approximately 5 books about babies and sleep. I know most people just go with the flow and assume their baby will learn to sleep through the night on their own. But most people that know me, know that I have a slight control issue. So naturally, I want to “help” Luke learn to sleep through the night. The general consensus from the books I’ve read is that around 4 months babies are neurologically and physically capable of soothing themselves and sleeping 8-10 hours straight. Luke goes to bed around 8:30 and then wakes up around 2:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. for a feeding. I am trying to eliminate the 2:30 a.m. feeding. The first night he cried for 1 hour and 20 minutes. It was excruciating. But he did go back to sleep and woke up at 5:45 for a feeding. He didn’t act like he was starving or anything when I fed him and he went back to sleep until 8:00 and woke up happy. Last night (the second night of the training), he only cried for 15 minutes and then woke up around 5:30. He only took 3 ounces and went right back to sleep and woke up happy and full of energy at 7:30. So, the training seems to be working. The books say it takes about 3 days for babies to adapt to the new sleep pattern, so hopefully tonight he will cry even less.
Click here for our most recent pictures of Luke and pictures from the holidays. Luke’s first Christmas was wonderful. He got a lot of fun new toys, books, and clothes. We’ll post some of those photos next. Now he is starting to enjoy his toys. Also, he really loves when we read to him. He has a really good attention span. I think Dr. Seuss books are his favorite so far.
1 comment:
UNCLE DAVID
Who's the cutest baby in the world? Luke is! Luke is! Thanks for updating the blog Suzanne. I know it must be hard listening to little Luke cry during the night, but he's smart enough to adapt to the sleeping pattern. I admire your willpower.
Give Luke a kiss for me.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 02:38 PM
LAURA
yay! I've been waiting for an update. He's such a handsome little man. Don't give up on the sleep training. It is SOOOO worth it. That's one of the best things about Kate now - she goes to sleep at her bed time without a fuss and sleeps through the night. Torture listening to them cry though. Hope you guys are doing well... thanks for the flylady link. very cool :)
Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 02:42 PM
NANA
He is just so cute. He has the cutest expressions. I love him so much. He is such a blessing. Keep the pictures and video coming.
Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 02:53 PM
AUNT SHAUNA
interesting that my mac can not leave a comment on your apple site!! what a cute video... the true torture for him is when he goes to preschool singing 'hey diddle diddle' that way thinking its the right way.
Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 07:14 PM
MAGGIE
Hi- I'm so glad you are posting on the blog again!
It is so cold and icy here. I tried to see the video but there was no image for me to click on. There is the audio bar and I "listened" to Luke's Hit Parade of tunes and thought I heard him sing a few notes!
Love You!
Monday, January 15, 2007 - 02:54 PM
GRAMMY
Well, I am so glad you are once again blogging - I can't get enough of sweet Baby Luke.
I think Shauna is right that he will be noticed singing
the alternate version of 'Hey Diddle Diddle" but I think it will just be a shoe-in for the talented and gifted class!
I love the way he laughs!
Monday, January 15, 2007 - 04:27 PM
Post a Comment