Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving and Other Stuff….

DSC_0118 DSC_0119-2

We had a great Thanksgiving at my Aunt Dixie Lee’s house in Granbury.  It was extra special this year because Mark’s parents, brother and aunt joined us too.  I have so much to be thankful for this year and every year.  I feel extremely blessed to be living the life I live.  Luke wouldn’t sit still for any family photos so Mark and I got one of just the two of us and then we got several of Luke running around.  Augie and Nana bought Luke and Lily Santa hats—which is why he is wearing a Santa hat in all of the pictures. suzandmark-2 DSC_0090

DSC_0021 DSC_0028

We decorated for Christmas after we got home from being out of town for Thanksgiving.  It was so fun this year because Luke was really interested in all of the decorations.  Here are a few pictures of Luke decorating his special tree in his room. 

DSC_0132  DSC_0137 DSC_0148 DSC_0163-2

Speaking of being thankful…..we came home from Thanksgiving with an early Christmas present to ourselves.  We bought a Honda Pilot.  I have been researching cars for months now and we decided on a Pilot a while ago.  I really wanted a very safe car since we’ll have two kids now and Luke won’t be in the center seat anymore.  I wanted a car that has airbags all around and something fairly large.  I also wanted a foldable third row so that we can have other people in the car when we need to (now that the middle row will be filled with two car seats), and I wanted a lot of cargo room for a stroller and all of the other stuff that comes with having a newborn and a toddler.  And, I think I am most excited about the backup camera.  I’ve been really wanting one after hearing about a horrible tragedy on Oprah a few years ago.  I don’t know what I am going to look at online now.  I’ve been obsessed with reading car reviews for so long.  I guess I’ll start researching baby video monitors and double strollers now! 

pilot

9 comments:

Jim and Sharon said...

It was a blessed Thanksgiving.Enjoyed being with your family on that special day.
Love, love the car. So glad you got it and have it for the holiday season to make that trip over the meadow and through the woods to Ammy and PawPaw's house!!
Love you guys.

David James said...

It was a super fun Thanksgiving this year. I love that car. Don't leave the keys lying around or you may have to come wrestle it away from me!!!!!!

Shauna Lynn said...

i'm excited that you'll have a big car now... I sure won't. We can't wait to see it and all the Christmas decorations... especially Thomas.

Pat said...

I had such a good time with your family on Thanksgiving. It was a day to be thankful for. Luke will be so much fun this year since he can interact with the decorating and can speak so fluently! I really get a kick out of the things he comes up with. I am so happy that you got a vehicle that will accommodate your needs with your growing family - it is beautiful!! Love to all, Pat

Anonymous said...

how exciting...congrats on the new car...what fun!!

and i love all the pictures...you look great!

enjoy this speacial time of year!

Tom said...

It really is a great looking car. You should show a picture of the interior. It is so nice and roomy. I think it will be perfect for driving your 2 boys around. I am so happy for you guys. Luke is growing up and he is so much fun. We too are extremely thankful for for God's blessing of grandchildren. I am also thankful for how God has blessed you girls with amazing husbands and great in-laws and families. Love, Nana

Seth , Angie, Noah said...

Soooo happy for you about your car!!! ANd the baby boy!

Stephanie said...

Yea for the new car! I hope you guys enjoy it! Honda's are always awesome. Love all the pictures of Luke, even though he wouldn't pose for any! Really love the pic of you and Mark too!

Cristi said...

Love the car! And the pics of ya'll are great. You look so good. How are you feeling? We need to get together. :)